Kraft Werke

(get it? Works of Craft?) A little memory kickstarter for this and that, crafts and cooking, shoes, ships, sealing wax...

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Best Mac & Cheese ever!


So I wanted to bring baked mac & cheese to a family gathering and googled for some recipes. Here's a link to the one I found, maintaining it's "the BEST"! It's basically a white bechamel sauce that you mix a LOT of grated cheese in (I prefer sharp cheddar and swiss), then mix it with cooked noodles, top with a breadcrumb-butter-cheese mix (yay for Panko breadcrumbs!), and broil until golden brown. Perfect! And awesome with baked ham and the usual stuff.

Just don't make the same mistake I made and double the recipe, thinking 6 servings doesn't quite sound enough, unless you have at least 4 large baking dishes and are prepared and happy to eat mac & cheese for the next week or so. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about (we call it "the great mac & cheese flood of '08").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker