Brie and Cherry Puff Pastry Cups:
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from 17.3-ounce package), thawed (NOTE: don't thaw these in the microwave, even if the package instructions say so. Ick.)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup red cherry preserves (I used cranberry sauce - festive!)
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 1/2x1/2-inch pieces (36 pieces) (eh, just chop it up and use about 1-2 small cubes per cup. No need to cut off the rind, it gets alllll melllty!)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (no chives here, I used a teensy amount of the finely chopped green tops of spring onions, a lot less than 2 Tblsp!)
2. Bake 10 minutes. Press center with handle of wooden spoon. Bake 6 to 8 minutes longer or until golden brown. Immediately press again in center. Fill each with about 1/2 teaspoon preserves. Top with cheese piece, pecans and chives.
3. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm!
(It's a little time consuming, but the good thing is that you can pre-bake these, up to the third step. Don't worry if the puff pastry looks too puffy or you can't press down the center just right, it's all gonna be super good!)